So I was feeling inventive
and cold today so I tried to find a doable hot milk tea recipe online. Naturally there wasn’t one… so I made my own.
Sweet Christmas Milk Tea:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of cream or milk
- 2 bags of peppermint tea
- 3 teaspoons of sugar (or equivalent of preferred sweetener)
- put water and tea into a small pot/pan and bring to a boil on high heat
- after boiling set timer for 5 mins and bring heat down to low (stir every once and a while)
- when about 2 mins have passed, add cream/milk. stir more frequently.
- when time is up; remove from heat, remove tea (take out bags or strain leaves) and pour into cup.
- Add sugar, I would suggest less if you don’t like things sweet, and a candy cane if you would like. Stir in the sugar (with the candy cane) and enjoy!
well there we go, not a hot milk tea recipe exists. If you don’t want to use peppermint tea, I’m sure this recipe works with other teas (minus the candy cane).